Your health is our top priority. Watching the media about Coronavirus can be very confusing. While the CDC says the risk to healthy people is very low we want to stay ahead of the curve. We also know that fear and anxiety lower your immune system. Knowledge is power and we want you to have the very best information. We are following the CDC guidelines, with EPA approved products, and implementing closely the Department of Colorado Regulator Board regulations. According to the University of Chicago Medicine,
“We shouldn’t be staying at home or distancing because we’re scared. The individual risk to any one of us is low.” Distancing is to protect those at higher risk. Especially in a large crowd.
Here is a basic list of what we are doing at Life Essentials Day Spa to protect everyone’s health.
Disinfection Procedures Increased in Response to Coronavirus
Coronaviruses are enveloped viruses, which are among the easiest organisms for disinfectants to kill or inactivate. –American Spa based on EPA research.
All disinfection procedures are done with EPA Approve products that are also hospital grade disinfects. All massage and esthetic rooms are thoroughly disinfected between each client. Each therapist is required to follow a specific handwashing protocol with soap and water plus disinfectant. Below is an example of the areas we sanitize:
- Reception desk
- Retail sales area
- Credit card machine, computer keyboards, phone, pens
- Doorknobs and door handles, door glass
- Common area surfaces, racks, shelves
- Bathroom, including the toilet flush handle
- Disinfection of linens
- CDC aligned handwashing for a therapist
- Equipment such as hot cabinets, steamers, magnifying lamps, inside nail dryers and drying lamps, the refrigerator, laundry machines, baskets, and garbage bins
- Bottles, including shampoo, hairspray, skincare, essential oils, massage creams, body exfoliants, and nail polishes, plus, clean shampoo bowls and disinfect the neck of the bowl after each client
- Hair, wax, and nail stations
- Esthetic and massage rooms
- Chairs and all seating areas
- Employee lockers and lunchroom
Boosting Immune System Through Healthy Habits
The main recommendation from the CDC is similar to all wintertime cold and flu protocol.
- Wash your hand thoroughly and often.
- Cover coughs and sneezes.
- Disinfect regularly.
- Keep your distance from others who are sick.
- Stay home if you are sick.
In addition, we at Life Essentials recommend increasing your positive activities. Constant stress and anxiety caused by focusing on the news and social media can lower your immune system. Do what you need to do to prepare and then do some positive activities.
- go for a long walk in nature
- read a funny or engrossing novel
- create something, a meal, a painting, a video,
- reconnect with an old friend over the telephone or video chat (share memories not germs)
- keep your brain waves hopping with an online class
- try a new stretching routine like pilates or yoga
And yes get a massage! Social distancing and loss of connection through regular social events during the Coronavirus can increase anxiety. Human touch and the one-on-one attention provided through massage therapy reduce these feelings. Boosting your immune system will increase your chances of remaining virus-free as much as disinfecting your environment.
At Life Essentials Day Spa we are committed to keeping you in top shape. We are going above and beyond to make our environment safe for your well being.